Note: These questions are not intended to test your knowledge but rather to stimulate your curiosity and to help you understand the kinds of questions researchers are investigating.
Questions in Multi-disciplinary Research
1) Why do cells and organisms grow?
2) Why and how do cells and organisms stop growing?
3) What happens if cells keep growing when they are supposed to stop?
4) How does a cell divide into two cells?
5) How do organisms develop?
6) Why are model organisms researched?
7) What are the pros and cons of using model organisms in research and teaching?
8) Is one model organism better than another for researching certain biological problems?
9) Is there a "model" model organism to research all biological questions?
10) What might be the limitation of applying knowledge gained from model organisms to other organisms, such as human beings?