1. What does the lineage (family tree) look like
for each focal plane?
2. Does a cell always have the same neighbors and
how important this might be in its development?
3. Why is the cell lineage/cell pattern of lineage
the way it is?
4. Does a specific cell always appear at around
the same time (or location) in every embryo?
5. Which of the daughter cells divides first?
6. Why are two daughter cells unequal size after
7. Why do the edges of the cells wiggle so much?
8. When is a cell’s fate determined?
9. How are different cell types generated?
10. How does a cell know where to divide or where
11. Do all C. elegans‘ embryos divide and
develop in a similar fashion? How important is it to have similar
or different developmental patterns?